In 2008 Invest in Brazil conducted a study of low cost / high growth city locations within Brazil. We discovered that Brazil’s north east coastal state capital of Joao Pessoa was growing faster than any other state capital. It is this location that we focused our attention and development activities on due to its stunning beauty, rapidly expanding sustainable economy,excellent geography and infrastructure development. All of which is behind Joao Pessoa providing some of the fastest property growth and homes demand rates within the country and making it one of the best property growth hotspots in Brazil.
Joao Pessoa Fast Facts
• Homes deficit increase of 25% since 2009 (demand exceeding supply)
• Massive infrastructure investment in roads, energy, commercial activities
• GDP growth at twice the rate of national average rate
• Property growth at over 20%pa since 2008
• 4th best new destination on the rise in South America 2013 (Source Trip Advisor)
• 78% annual increase in tourism in 2011
• 2nd Greenest City in the World
• 750,000 population and lowest density of any Brazil state capital city
Famous for some of Brazil’s most beautiful beaches and protected coastline, Joao Pessoa has undergone a significant economic boom. A number of large scale economic development projects are either completed or currently underway to develop Joao Pessoa into one of Brazil’s most important international business hubs and convention destinations as well as strategic economic locations.
The investment in Joao Pessoa has been significant in the last 3 years. New business’s like the Convention Centre Poet Ronaldo Cunha Lima and the Mangerbeira Shopping Complex will create thousands of new jobs.